Monday, March 15, 2010

5 min. Easy, Cheezy Broccoli-Potato Chowder


When I got up today, I felt so out of it. A few of my co-workers said they felt the same way and that their friends and family had similar complaints. Seems our shift to daytime saving time messes with our circardian rhythms--our biological timing stays our standard times while we forcibly adapt our daily schedules to DST. But the extra daylight is certainly worth the sacrifice!

I love the days when my friend/co-worker, Luwam, and I are both here at work. She is from Eritrea and when Eastern Orthodox Eritreans fast for Lent, they maintain a Vegan diet. I love bringing stuff to share! I think it's so cool she fasts because it gives me an excuse to get more creative and cook more often. Plus she is so gracious. After trying my soup today, she emailed me, "mu mu mu mu mu mu deliciousooo".

5 min. Easy, Cheezy Broccoli-Potato Chowder

Packing lunch today took 1 minutes!

In a ziploc, I put the the ingredients. The are approximate measurements--I relied on handfuls, drizzles and dashes...

1.5 cups frozen broccoli florets
1 heaping tbsp tahini (more for extra creaminess)
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 cup instant mashed potato flakes

When I got to work, I put everything in a large 4 cup-ceramic bowl , then added:

1/2 cup soymilk, if you don't have any, use water
3 cup water
1 tbps apple cider vinegar

Stir well so there are no lumps....or if you like your potato chowder chunky, leave a few lumpies in there. Microwave 3-5 minutes, until hot and thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. The nooch makes it cheezy (and yellow), the tahini gives it a little extra richness and the vinegar gives it a cheezy tang. Great with...Sriracha!

That's it! Big on the easy!

1 comment:

  1. Poker is extracted on a good distributed computer network regarding users managing specialized software; the system solves selected mathematical evidence, and lookups for a particular information sequence (“block”) that creates a particular pattern when the particular
    asikqq
    dewaqq
    sumoqq
    interqq
    pionpoker
    pelangiqq
    hobiqq
    paito warna terlengkap
    http://192.254.236.33/dewaqq78/
    datahk 2019

    ReplyDelete